Landsong Heritage Consulting Ltd. is seeking full time and seasonal field archeologists of all levels.
Established in 1998, Landsong is a based out of Moberly Lake, BC. We conduct archaeology and traditional ecological knowledge (TEK) assessments throughout BC and Alberta. Over the years we have developed and continue to foster strong relationships with local Indigenous communities that in turn support respectful and meaningful cultural resource management. Landsong’s work culture is guided by core values of Excellence in Quality, Integrity, Innovation, Respect, and Safety and is built on a foundation of collaborative, team-based effort.
We provide opportunities for new archaeologists looking to gain experience and training, as well as for seasoned archaeologists wanting to branch out and acquire more experience and responsibility as Field Directors and Permit Holders.
At Landsong we understand the importance of work-life balance. We provide comprehensive benefits, equipment and mobile phone allowances, investment packages and funding for external training and conferences. We are looking for individuals seeking opportunities to grow and learn with us.
- Participation in archaeology and TLU/TEK field assessments for oil and gas, forestry, wind energy, mining and other industries
- Compliance, oversight and continued development of the Landsong EHS Program
- Adherence to the Landsong Quality Management Program (QMP)
- Opportunities may be provided in technical report writing, project management and other office-based work
- Walking up to and at times exceeding 5 km per day in rugged and wooded terrain
- Operation of 4×4 trucks, ATVs, UTVs, snowmobiles
- Working in remote locations and with extended hours, including weekends
- Candidates are required to relocate to Moberly Lake/Chetwynd area
- B.A. or B.Sc. in Archaeology or Anthropology
- Completion of an archaeology field school program at an accredited university, college or equivalent field experience
- Valid Class 5 Driver License
- High level of physical fitness and must be able to carry a backpack, tools, equipment and supplies which may at times exceed a combined weight of 45 pounds.
Additional Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight within a team environment
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience with consulting archaeology and working with Indigenous communities in British Columbia
- Preference may be given to those with Field Director status, those with excavation experience, lithic analysis and cataloguing experience
If you are interested in working with Landsong, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.